• Welcome to CrystalSolutions & SoulTrader FAQ & Forum.

Welcome to CrystalSolutions & SoulTrader FAQ & Forum. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:33:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 74
  • Total Topics: 50
  • Online today: 15
  • Online ever: 36
  • (September 02, 2023, 07:19:15 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

mailshot asks for password

Started by admin, April 02, 2008, 08:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Hi,

I am using your trial version to see if it works for me. For now I need it for mailshots and emails, with a view to using the other applications at a later stage.

When I try to go into 'M' for mailshots, it asks me for a password, which I don't remember setting up, so I can't get in?!

Please help,

Thanks

Debbie

admin

hi just back from hols so pls excuse quick reply

you should only be asked see a choice of add, delete or cancel --  what system are you using? if windows, which system?

as you seem to know, if no password was entered at first when you installed you shouldn't be asked for a password.

i will check when i get home. and let you know any ideas.

regards jol

Hi Jol,

Am using Windows XP (2002).

hi debbie

1/
ive just run an install on xp without being asked for any passwords, and my first thoughts are that , if you are being asked for a password while trying to enter mailshot, and you haven't entered a password previously, then try to continue leaving the password box empty. (if you can take a screenshot of the dialogue box it would be helpful but not vital so don't worry)

the issue could be one of the original install being by an administrator and subsequent running by other log ins.

if you haven't started inputing patients and accounts, then i would suggest you uninstall, then re-install from crystalsetup (if you kept it) or download install anew. (make sure you install as an administrator in xp and don't use a password.

if you have started inputing data, you can back up the data first and then import it into the newly installed prog

see also the other thread about passwords in this forum