• Welcome to Learning to Change in Cumbria for Disabled Children.

Email lists, Facebook and posts from Council Officers

Started by jol, March 18, 2010, 02:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jol

i wrote to thank some people today for sending me info on events coming up - which i have added to the Calendar with associated posted message, and to ask them to post directly on the site... as well as emailing

Quote"don't stop forwarding emails however!

But

if you are a person or family not on someone's list, then you don't get to know of the events so... if you can post events on Site when you hear of them it would be great

i have put  a Calendar event on the Site for this event, and there will now be an opportunity for parents who are google searching "disabled children cumbria" to hear of these happenings as we are now page 1 at the top of the page, for those types of searches...

i have put up instructions on how to post on the site and for the calendar here...
http://www.soul-trade.com/change/forum-feedback-faq/calendar/

more on all this, Facebook, email lists and site aims can found here http://www.soul-trade.com/change/forum-feedback-faq/site-aims/

also i spoke to someone at the Council today about any issues they may have about posting council documents on a 3rd party site, and they were of the mind that it was best to forward to me, to post 'as a parent posting on the Parents' Site'. This i was happy to do - so do include me - webmaster@soul-trade.com on your email lists, but also be aware that you can post anonymously, if you Register on the site with a nickname, and chose to check 'keep email address non public"

i have this week invited parties from social services and the MB PCT (NHS) to register and participate, and they are very enthusiastic. If you can do the same with contacts you have too - then we will be able to build a better 'info repository' and understanding of the workings of the structure and function of the services we seek to influence, especially as some will not be posting directly, and may need chasing up for required information

your thoughts appreciated

jol

i have just learnt that minutes and much information is going to be put on the revamped more accessible Aiming High Cumbria County Council site  which will be available soon, which is great news.

This independent Parents' site being interactive will remain and allow you to discuss information as it becomes available