• Welcome to Learning to Change in Cumbria for Disabled Children.

how to put up a post etc

Started by jol, October 24, 2009, 11:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jol

hi
i've just received an email asking if i can put something up on the forum --np

but i thought it would be useful to tell you how to do this yourselves......

1/ copy the text you want from email/document whatever (to your clipboard)

2/ open Forum - open the relevant board - in this case it was general (county wide) -( it can always be moved later)

3/ click "new topic" and paste your clipboard into the main field, then copy/ paste a relevant phrase to paste in the subject field
4/ click the Post button or, as in this case, click the red "Additional Options" link and
then the browse button - which opens a dialogue box for your computer, allowing you to add a file from your computer - in this case a computer .doc (a microsoft word file)- which i had exported previously as a pdf file (available to folks with macs or without word)
click Post and give the system time to 'upload' the file from your computer.

5/ check the post - click 'modify' to make any changes

feel free to ask me if you need Help - or if you need me to do it -----np

the site has a Help on the top menu too

here is the finished example
http://www.soul-trade.com/change/index.php?topic=15.0

glyn

Thanks for info on how to post   I will have a go myself next time    Glynis

jol

great --- thx for the info -- perhaps you coluld give us some details/b'ground about the stakeholder meets here http://www.soul-trade.com/change/index.php?topic=15.msg33#msg33

thx

Using the site
to get the best from the site - register! , then when you return you can choose "unread posts since your last visit" from the top right hand of the Front page

use the Help, Search and Calendar in the top Menu above-- look around - get posting and by all means ask for help if you need it - webmaster@soul-trade.com

jol

are you still struggling posting or attaching a file ?

if so maybe i can help you..

click the flowers on the front page or Forum (top menu)/ choose which Board you want to post to/ then click new Topic (or click 'reply' to an existing post)

give it a subject title and type and/or copy paste in the main message area/ then to attach a document, click additional options and
then 'browse see below, and finally "post"

do ask if u need any more Help

regards

Using the site
to get the best from the site - register! , then when you return you can choose "unread posts since your last visit" from the top right hand of the Front page

use the Help, Search and Calendar in the top Menu above-- look around - get posting and by all means ask for help if you need it - webmaster@soul-trade.com