• Welcome to Learning to Change in Cumbria for Disabled Children.

Re: how to put up an article...

Started by jol, March 09, 2010, 06:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jol

hi xx

when i was checking your username for you i saw that (in the error logs) you had been refused "submitting an article" so i went and checked your membergroup - which i think is eastwest- is that right or steering -- either way i have set you up to be able now to submit an article, but i wondered if what you really just wanted to do, was to make a post!

there is a difference - the forum (what you get to, when you click the flowers on the front page) is for posting.. and you choose the board you want to post in, or the topic you want to reply to there...

look at http://www.soul-trade.com/change/forum-feedback-faq/how-to-put-up-a-post-etc/

also do use the Help on the top menu

if you still want to "submit an article" it is at the bottom of the Links block on the LHS of the front page.

articles are usually longer things, which is maybe what you wanted.. and you can use the same code that is used in the forum (all the buttons are the same and they have rollover titles to help you know what they are. they can have pictures and diagrams and can on request for advanced users include html coding

again advanced users can also use html if they ask me, - but for now articles are set up like the forum. (articles don't show up immediately - they need to be approved by us here, and can then be organised and put together in a block say on the front page. An example of an article might be say " a list of special schools and their specialties with details for each)

in the future we may collate some our posts into articles

i hope this has been useful

do get back to me as you need
and do post that post or submit your article

regards