• Welcome to Learning to Change in Cumbria for Disabled Children.

proposed sandgate meet Sat 16th Jan, 11am to 1pm

Started by jol, October 22, 2009, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jol

jol

val

I would too!  I think 2nd Jan (mentioned in the email from Shirley I presume people have received) is too close to the new year when people may be away, still have children off school etc.

I notice 16th Jan is a Saturday, at the meeting in Penrith it was mentioned about having some form of creche/child supervision and letting the children use the facilities at Sandgate - would that still be the case?

Val

Carla

Hiya

I think it's the first and third Saturdays of the month that Shirley has access to Sandgate facilities so unless she's got anything else planned that day she should be there that day. 

I couldn't make it to the Penrith meetings with other things on but definately want to get involved with things.

val

Hi Carla - good to see you over here! :)

Were you offering Shirley's services as children's entertainer/carer while we are in the meeting?! :)

Val

caseslot

Hi, i couldn't make the Penrith meetings either, a saturday is good for me if there is child care.

val

Hi Sharon

You are welcome to come along to the South Lakes meeting at Sandgate, but there should also be similar meetings being organised for the Furness group which is nearer for you (there is an available board for Furness on this site which they may or may not decide to use.) .....fancy doing some recruiting?!!

email "Karen Hull"Karen.hull(insert@here!)cumbriacc.gov.uk for dates/location of the Furness meeting - and tell her about this forum!!

The idea was to split the county up geographically but people could chose which group they 'belonged' to if for example they accessed services in another area to where they lived.

But feel free to post in whichever group is relevant  - this is about inclusion not exclusion!!  :)

Val

jol edit -- folks can chose which local meetings they want to attend but are i think encouraged to stick with that group, once they they have chosen) i think i heard that the furness group will be meeting in ulverston some of the time which may suit a few of you - registered here, and who live in ulverston

btw you can tell the other groups about this forum and i can set up membergroups for them, if they wish, where they can have "non public" areas to discuss alongside their open areas

when you decide which group you are joining - please let me know, and i w or val assign you to the appropriate group

thx

Carla

Quote from: val on October 24, 2009, 01:00:13 PM
Hi Carla - good to see you over here! :)

Were you offering Shirley's services as children's entertainer/carer while we are in the meeting?! :)

Val

lol, Shirley will have families there but I'm sure she can get some other volunteers to help from the centre!  Will be seeing her Monday so will bend her ear.

Carla

I spoke to Shirley earlier and she's sure some kind of childcare can be arranged if people need it on the 16th.

Carla

I've mentioned the meeting on Saturday to several people who might come, we'll be there too.